Hunter Ranch Golf Course will once again host an AJGA Junior All-Stars event July 8 – 12, 2018! These 12 to 15-year-old boys and girls are incredibly talented, very well-mannered and, without question, the future of our great game!
We are once again seeking your assistance to help facilitate this tournament in a number of ways:
- Sign up as a volunteer on the competition days. We are looking for individuals to work as “spotters” on the more troublesome holes on our golf course, fill and restock beverage stations throughout the course, deliver boxed lunches to volunteers and assist with scoring. For your efforts, you will receive the aforementioned boxed lunch, a snappy AJGA cap and one complimentary round of golf for each 8 hours of service you provide. Sign-ups begin June 1st.
- If you have a medical background, we are required to provide qualified medical personnel on-site during the entire competition in case any medical situations occur. Those shifts generally are split into two, but some enjoy spending the whole day! We would like this schedule set by June 1st.
- Have an extra bedroom at home? We also need housing for the AJGA staff from July 6 – 12. Typically, there are 8 – 10 of these 19 – 25-year-olds working the event. Also, it is normal that parents trade off transporting 2 – 4 juniors to these tournaments and some enjoy renting a house instead of staying in a hotel. If this has interest for you, contact me immediately so we can get your info posted on the AJGA website.
- New for 2018 is a REALLY special event – the “AJGA Junior/Am” scheduled on Sunday, July 8 with a 1:30 shotgun start. This is an opportunity for you and a couple of friends to play with one of these budding superstars in a one gross ball + one net ball format. Entry fee is $250 per person, you may enter as a single, twosome or threesome and all of the net proceeds will go to the AJGA to help defray the $25,000 in expenses incurred in running this tournament. Entry with additional information available June 1st.
- Donations are also happily accepted! We have a committee chaired by PC member Randy Walti who will gladly assist you in this endeavor! Commitments appreciated by June 1st.
Tournament Schedule of Events
- Sunday, July 8 – Junior/Am; 1:30 pm Shotgun
- Monday, July 9 – Qualifying (usually about 80 juniors grappling for about 10 open spots); 8:00 am Shotgun
- Monday, July 9 – Practice round (about 80 juniors); 1:30 pm Shotgun. Parents/Players dinner 7:00 pm at the Hunter Ranch Grill.
- Tuesday, July 10 – Thursday, July 12 – Rounds 1, 2 & 3; 90 juniors teeing off at 7:30 am using #1 & #10 tees.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about any aspect of this event and I will be sure the proper committee person will respond!
PGA Head Golf Professional